I invite you to join me for a cup of coffee and a conversation.
Thanks to Natalie the Explorer who provides space to link and celebrate Weekend Coffee Share posts!
If We Were Having Coffee I Would Tell You:
- Happy New Year! Normally at this time of year, I am all about answering the lists of reflection questions and making goals and intentions for the coming year. I have intentions and goals but this year I am keeping most of them close to my heart and my inner circle. This past year was full of major events every month. Some traumatic and some blissful. 2022 was a year of extremes for me.
- As I sit here and write this to you I am in my office with 3 walls of windows, with a lavender and cedar candle burning, I am overlooking the lake and the bones of trees on this winter day. I am here with my husband, safe and happy in Northwest Indiana.
- This morning I came into the new year exactly as I wanted to. My husband and I went to breakfast and I wrote. Then I went for a walk and am writing again. There is more on the agenda for today but I love the writer life I have and am extremely grateful for it.
- I walked for 2 hours this morning in the fog and gray. Gray is a mixture of black and white which seems fitting to start 2023 somehow. Podcasts were listened to and notes were made for stories!
- There are so many prompts for this month in my inbox it could get overwhelming! A lot of great journaling programs plus the poem I read every morning. I am going to have to make some decisions about what I want to write.
- Did you chose a word of the year? My word this year is DEEPEN. This has a lot to do with writing and response to reading. I know what I need to do to level up, I just have to give myself the time and focus to do it. As always, my reflection of my word of the year will continue to expand as I write about it more. The first book I am rereading is The Alchemist. I will be writing more about my #oneword as the year stretches on.
What I’m Up to This Month
- Teaching The Story Intensive
- Participating in the Six Weeks, Six Senses writing program (link to join below)
- Submitting (2)
- Daily writing
Recommendations for the Week
Centered Programs, community, growth
What are your plans for this Sunday?
What did you write in your notebook?
Writing Prompt for You
Begin with the words: “I belong here” and see where it takes you.
Thank you for joining me for a coffee chat. I hope to see you next weekend!