I invite you to join me for a cup of coffee and a conversation.
Thanks to Natalie the Explorer who provides space to link and celebrate Weekend Coffee Share posts!
If We Were Having Coffee I Would Tell You:
- I was writing yesterday and went traipsing through my drive looking for stories about strength. Did I find them? No. What I found was the Bradbury Challenge I did years ago. I curated a poem, a story, and an essay with reflection questions. It was a fun project and am wondering if there is space in my life for this again. I also found many files to delete which was satisfying in its own way.
- Today is the first day of Advent and the verse was about the light of the world. Light found its way into my freewrite this morning and I was happy with the weird direction it took. The french toast I had for breakfast out with my honey also made its way into the writing!
- We are still eating Thanksgiving leftovers because I cooked enough food for at least 10 people on Thursday. No one is complaining in the house about this, however.
- I am contemplating my WORD OF THE YEAR for 2023. One came clearly to me yesterday on a walk but I am still writing and thinking about it. I am reading a lot more lately and that has been a blessing. We will be talking in PUSH (my creative group) about the one word within the next few weeks.
- I am grateful for so much in my life and it is not just limited to appreciating it this week of the holiday. “This is our life” is a phrase that Chris and I repeat often to each other. The awe of where we have ended up is not lost on us. We both appreciate all the time we have now. I also am grateful I get to do work that I find fulfilling and creatively fueling. I also appreciate a cat warming my legs with his sleeping body as I write this post.
Recommendations for the Week
Centered Programs, community, growth
What are your plans for this Sunday?
Thank you for joining me for a coffee chat. I hope to see you next weekend!